DayGlo Med-Spa is excited to offer new eyebrow microblading services to the St. Petersburg and Tampa Bay, Florida areas.
If you are interested in having the procedure, please read through the Microblading Forms & Consent as it will answer many of your questions.
If you are scheduled for a Microblading Consultation, please print and fill out the Microblading Consultation Questionnaire & Health Form.
If you are planning on having the procedure done, please print and fill out the Microblading Forms & Consent.
What is microblading?
Microblading is an eyebrow tattooing technique where an artist uses a special tool to manually deposit pigment into the brow area to create hair-like strokes to improve fullness and shape. The pigment is deposited into the epidermis and will gradually lighten and fade overtime, requiring regular color boosts to keep the color and pigment fresh and visible. Microblading is sometimes called “semi-permanent” because of the nature that it will fade and lighten over time, but MICROBLADING IS A TATTOO and should be treated as such. It is important to know that pigment from the microblading may remain in the skin for an indefinite amount of time.
The result is natural-looking, fuller brows. Microblading is a great option for those with thinning brow hair, those who have over-waxed or tweezed, those with alopecia of the brows where hair no longer grows, or for anyone who just wants to improve the brow fullness and shape.
How much does it cost?
$550 includes the initial microblading appointment as well as a “touch up” 6-8 weeks later
- Microblading is a two-part process so the touch up appointment is required for best results
- A $25 consultation is required, but will be applied to your service
- A $100 non-refundable retainer fee is required to secure your appointment, this will be applied to your final total
- Microblading requires regular color boosts (usually annually) to keep the pigment fresh, as it does gradually light and fade over time
What to expect
We require an informed consultation to determine if you are good candidate for microblading and also to discuss your desired result. Then your initial microblading service may be scheduled — a $100 non-refundable retainer fee is required to secure your appointment. The procedure takes approximately 2 hours.
At your appointment, the technician will design an eyebrow shape including as much of the client’s existing brow hair as possible. The technician does not use a stencil but will create a brow shape that is custom to the client’s face and bone structure. Then the technician will “brow map” to duplicate the shape on both brows to ensure symmetry. The client will approve of the brow shape before proceeding. Then, a topical numbing cream will be applied to the eyebrow area. During this time, color will be selected together by the client and technician. Then the microblading process will begin. All of the tools and necessary items for the procedure are disposable and are properly disposed of after the procedure.
A “touch up” service is required 6-8 weeks later for best results, and this appointment is included in the price of the microblading. The touch up will take about 90 minutes.
Does it hurt?
This varies from person to person, depending on sensitivity of the client. Some clients may feel slight discomfort but most find the process tolerable, comparing the feeling to a paper cut or a rough scratch. After the first pass, an anesthetic gel will be applied to the skin which will allow for more comfort moving forward with the service.
What happens after the procedure?
- Skin may be sensitive, red and/or slightly swollen.
- You may experience some scabbing — DO NOT PICK THE SCABS as this can cause you to lose pigment.
- Closely follow the after care instructions provided by your technician, as this will determine the success of the overall result
- Initially the color may appear too dark, but the color will fade 30-50% over 4-6 weeks.
- A “touch up” appointment is highly advised, and built into the service price, and may be performed 6-8 weeks after the initial service. This will also help determine the overall result.
Not ideal for:
- Individuals with oily skin and large pores – pigment has a harder time retaining
- Individuals with previous permanent makeup
- Individuals who have used retinoids within the last 4-6 weeks
- Individuals who have had deep chemical or laser peels within the last 6 weeks
- Individuals who have had Botox within the last 2 weeks (can be done after 2 weeks and Botox should be fresh before the procedure so that the brows are placed where the client likes them)
- Individuals on blood thinners – excess bleeding can cause the pigment to not retain (may receive a note from doctor to stop blood thinners for a period of time prior to service)
(Depending on severity of medical condition, some individuals may still be able to have the procedure with a note from their doctor)
- Individuals with diabetes type 1 or 2
- Individuals with thyroid disease
- Individuals with auto-immune diseases
- Individuals with liver disease
- Individuals with high risk of infection or slow healing time due to any medical condition
- Individuals currently undergoing chemotherapy or radiation
- If you are pregnant or nursing
- Individuals on antibiotics
- Individuals who keloid scar should not have microblading
Watch a video of the procedure!
Before & After Gallery